Sustainability in the Office: How Water Services Can Help
In today’s world, it’s more important than ever to think about the impact our actions have on the environment. This is true in our personal lives, and it’s also true in the workplace. One area where businesses can make a big difference is in their use of office water services. Not only can it be sustainable, but it can also be cost-effective.
Reducing Plastic Waste With Water Services
Many office buildings still rely on disposable plastic water bottles for their drinking water needs. However, this is not a sustainable option. Plastic bottles are not only bad for the environment, but they also add up to a significant cost over time.
In contrast, office water services that use filtration systems or water coolers can help reduce the use of plastic bottles and therefore decrease office waste and its ecological footprint.
Another way office water services can promote sustainability is through the use of energy-efficient equipment. Some water coolers and dispensers are designed to use minimal energy, which helps to reduce the carbon footprint of the office. This can also help lower energy costs for the office.
Is Your Office Using Water in a Sustainable Way?
The average office uses a significant number of plastic water bottles, it is estimated that each office worker uses about 1-3 plastic water bottles per day. This can lead to a large amount of plastic waste and pollution, as many of these bottles are not properly recycled and end up in landfills or the natural environment. Additionally, the manufacturing, transport, and disposal of single-use plastic water bottles consume a significant amount of energy and resources.
So, how can water services help?
- Water services, such as those described in the previous answer, are a better option as they can provide fresh, clean water without generating the waste and pollution associated with plastic water bottles.
- For example, using refillable containers or water filtration systems can provide a steady supply of fresh water without the need for single-use plastic bottles.
- Additionally, many of these services offer regular maintenance and filter replacements to ensure that the water is always safe to drink.
Access Sustainable Water Sources
Another important factor to consider is the water source. Some office water service providers offer options for purified water that come from sustainable water sources, such as rainwater harvesting, rather than depleting scarce groundwater resources. This not only helps the environment but also reduces the cost of water in the long run.
Are Water Services Cost-Effective?
One of the most significant advantages of using office water services is cost-effectiveness. It can help in long-term savings. Instead of buying numerous plastic water bottles, an office can opt for a water cooler or a filtration system which has one-time installation costs and low maintenance costs. Additionally, it eliminates the cost of disposing of plastic waste and the costs of transportation.
Ultimately, switching to sustainable office water services is a win-win for businesses. Not only does it help the environment, but it also saves money in the long run and can improve the overall health and hydration of employees. So, consider making the switch today and be part of the solution for a greener planet and cost-effective office solution.
What is The Cost of Water Services?
Office water services can be a cost-effective solution for providing clean and safe drinking water in the workplace. But, how much do these services typically cost on a monthly basis? There are a few key factors to consider:
Cost of Equipment:
- The cost of equipment is one of the most significant expenses associated with office water services.
- The cost of water cooler or filtration system equipment varies depending on the type, size, and features of the equipment.
- Typically, a basic water cooler or a filtration system can cost between $300 to $800, while a more advanced system with additional features can cost upwards of $1000.
Installation and Maintenance:
- Installation costs can be added to the cost of the equipment. And, the cost of installation can vary depending on the complexity of the installation process and the location of the equipment.
- Most companies charge between $200 to $500 for installation. In addition to the cost of equipment and installation, ongoing maintenance of the equipment will be required.
- This usually includes regular cleaning and sanitizing of the unit, as well as the replacement of filters.
- Maintenance costs can vary depending on the service provider but typically fall between $50 to $100 per month.
Water Consumption Rates:
- When it comes to water consumption, offices can consume anywhere from a few hundred gallons per month to several thousand gallons per month depending on the size and occupancy of the building.
- For example, a small office with fewer than 10 employees might consume around 500 gallons per month, while a larger office with 50 employees might consume 2,500 gallons per month.
- To keep up with these consumption rates offices need a large supply of water.
Top 5 Sustainable Water Dispenser and Filtration Systems on the Market
Who you choose to supply your water services is important, but it is also important to choose the right type of equipment. There are a variety of sustainable dispensers and filtration systems on the market that can help you save water, reduce plastic waste, and lower energy consumption in your office. Here are some of the best options available:
- Aquacooler: Aquacooler is a stainless steel water cooler that is designed to be both energy-efficient and eco-friendly. It uses an advanced filtration system that removes toxins and improves the taste of drinking water. The unit is also equipped with an LED display, which shows real-time temperature, volume, and filter life.
- H2Flow: H2Flow is a water filtration system that uses a reverse osmosis membrane to remove up to 99% of impurities from drinking water. It’s also equipped with a carbon block filter, which reduces chlorine and other chemicals found in tap water. Additionally, it has a built-in UV light sanitizer that kills bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms.
- Drinkwell: Drinkwell is an innovative water dispenser system that uses advanced carbon block filtration to deliver great-tasting drinking water. It’s also equipped with a vacuum-insulated tank, which helps keep the water cold for up to 8 hours. It’s perfect for both hot and cold beverages.
- EcoFlo: EcoFlo is a water filtration system that uses an innovative multi-stage filter to remove contaminants from drinking water. The unit also features an LED display, which shows real-time readings on the quality of the filtered water. Additionally, it has an adjustable thermostat that allows you to set a preferred temperature for the water.
- EcoPure: EcoPure is an energy-efficient water cooler designed with sustainability in mind. It features a carbon block filter that removes up to 99% of lead, chlorine and other contaminants from drinking water. Additionally, it has an intuitive LCD display that shows the temperature and filter life.